Beyond helping customers locate and purchase the merchandise they need, Gift Shop Volunteers play another important role in many situations: helping guests with Garden questions. When someone walks into the Gift Shop, they may be looking for directions, or may have a question about Garden events or services.
The Gift Shop is also an important fund-raising unit of the Garden. By donating your time to the Gift Shop, you support Anderson Japanese Gardens, its staff and its guests. As a Gift Shop Volunteer, you have the power to brighten a day!
- Assist in daily Gift Shop operations.
- Operating a register
- Opening and Closing the Gift Shop
- Pricing merchandise
- Restocking items
- Answering phones
- Good customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and good organization skills
- Polite telephone demeanor
- Positive and service-oriented attitude.