If you are task-oriented, enjoy customer service, and like working in a friendly office environment, volunteering as an office assistant may be a good fit for you. Office Assistants play an important behind-the-scenes role at Anderson Japanese Gardens. Beyond answering phones, Office Assistants help with data entry, filing, sorting and special projects. This position provides valuable experience for administrative management students and anyone with a passion for Anderson Japanese Gardens.
- Answer incoming phone calls and written correspondence, providing prompt responses, and forwarding to appropriate staff members as necessary.
- Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, faxing and mailing.
- Handle requests for information and data to follow up with the appropriate staff member.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Polite telephone demeanor.
- Positive and service-oriented attitude.