Frank Lloyd Wright Meets 16th Century Japan
Explore Two of Rockford’s Hidden Architectural Gems
Docent-led tours focus on the architectural components of two homes with Japanese cultural design influences but distinctly different character. Guests will be granted exclusive access to Anderson Japanese Gardens’ 16th century Sukiya-style Guest House and the Laurent House, the only home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright specifically for a client with a physical disability.
- Tours are scheduled Monday – Friday.
- Tours must be reserved a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Group size is limited to 12 guests and reservations are required.
- Lunch is available onsite at Anderson Japanese Gardens. A reservation is suggested and can be made at the time of tour booking.
- Total tour time is estimated to be 3.5 to 4.0 hours, with each location taking approximately 1.0 to 1.5 hours.