Frank Lloyd Wright Meets 16th Century Japan
Explore Two of Rockford’s Hidden Architectural Gems
Docent-led tours focus on the architectural components of two homes with Japanese cultural design influences but distinctly different character. Guests will be granted exclusive access to Anderson Japanese Gardens’ 16th century Sukiya-style Guest House and the Laurent House, the only home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright specifically for a client with a physical disability.
- Tours are held Wednesdays and Fridays and begin at the Anderson Gardens Visitor Center at 12PM.
- Tours must be reserved a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Group size is limited to 12 guests and reservations are required.
- Lunch is available onsite at Anderson Japanese Gardens. Please contact Fresco restaurant directly at 815.316.3388 to make a reservation.
- Total tour time is estimated to be 4.0 – 4.5 hours, with each location taking approximately 2 hours.
- Visitors to the Guest House must remove their shoes upon entering. Please wear socks in order to participate in the Guest House tour. The Guest House is not handicap-accessible.
- Private tours are available upon request.